Sarasota Memorial Hospital board has been lead by Republicans for the past 64 years.
Sarasota Memorial was one of only 63 hospitals nationwide to earn “high performing” ratings – the top rating – in all nine inpatient surgical procedures and chronic conditions evaluated by US News and World Reports.
Republican candidates are committed to:
- World-class hospital and services. Remaining a top 100 hospital
- Expansion of facilities and services in South County
- The continued reduction of taxes received from the public
- Continued support of the Level 2 Trauma Center – the first and only Trauma Center in Sarasota Co.
- SMH being the only provider of essential safety-net services that other hospitals in the county have chosen not to offer, including maternity services, neonatal intensive care, pediatric services, and psychiatric care for patients of all ages.
- SMH offering a new internal medicine residency care facility in the Newtown area.
- Maintaining SMH’s strong financial condition
- We support keeping SMH a public hospital